Tipitapa, the municipality area in the Managua department of western Nicaragua, is situated between Lake Managua and Lake Nicaragua. The city is a tiny heaven for anyone seeking some solace and quiet time among nature. Tipitapa’s wet season is oppressive and overcast whereas the dry season is muggy windy and partly cloudy. It is hot year round. So the best time of year to visit Tipitapa for traveling from early December to late March.
Places to visit
- Cristo De La Misericordia, the statue is a famous tourist attraction.
- Aventura Las Nubes Park offers so many adventure sports and rides, something for all age groups.
- Surf Ranch Hotel and Resort is another tiny world in itself.
Places we ate at
- Hotel Anamar
- Dale Peus is great for late night snacks and dinners.
- El Pollito Pescador, this place is built for gatherings and is perfect for kids as well.
- La Lancha is great for lunch and suitable for kids as well.
- Simpleton’s Fish and Chips is a cozy little place is perfect for breakfasts.
- Restaurant El Timon is great for drinks and cocktails.
As this place is situated between lakes, the fish and seafood is the local attraction. Try to find it grilled or in sushi at several restaurants around town. Try to have some during your stay. Another local favorite is quesillo, which is basically cheese and sour cream burrito.
Where to stay
- Dos Visiones
- Airport X Managua Hotel
- Hotel Monte Cristi
- Best Western Las Mercedes
These are some of the cheapest and good hotels to stay at.
This municipality area is swarming with attractive places and has some kick-ass local cuisines as well. It has so many lakes and water sources, so make sure you try out all fish and seafood cuisines.